Aim & Scope
The International Journal of Conference Proceedings (IJOCP) is intended as a vehicle for promoting wider access to high-quality archival of conference and workshop proceedings. IJOCP welcomes proceedings of conferences from around the world which are both international and regional in scope and on all areas of Academic including basic and applied research, and those of professional and applied interest.
All IJOCP proceedings must adhere to basic quality guidelines and policies:
- Applicant proceedings are judged according to the expected archival value of the proceedings. IJOCP seeks to publish proceedings whose papers are expected to remain relevant for many years into the future. IJOCP editor(s) will review the quality of prior proceedings when available to determine the expected archival value.
- Applicant proceedings must be primarily composed of peer-reviewed papers or articles; while IJOCP published proceedings may have some invited papers or other articles (Plenary sessions, Orations, Guest/Invited Lectures), the majority must undergo a peer review process to determine the quality of the published work. IJOCP editor(s) will consider the review process, members of the program committee, selectivity rate, and other relevant factors in assessing whether an applicant proceedings has an acceptable quality peer-review process.
- JOCP reserves the right to exclude proceedings of events that do not meet the standard
- While papers may be submitted in the author’s native language, JOCP requires titles and abstracts be submitted in English; author(s) (including affiliations) submitted using the Roman Alphabet as opposed to Cyrillic, Chinese, or Arabic.
International Journal of Conference Proceedings welcomes articles that are published in any Academic Conference all across the Globe.
ALL Publications in JOCP are Absolutely Free of Charge.
Authors are not required to Pay anything for Publication of their abstracts.
We have received Funding from Academic Research Group that has helped us continue publication without any Charges
Conference Organisers and Individual authors are invited to publish their abstracts with us
Basic Requirements for Conference/Society to publish with IJOCP will be:
1. It should be a recognised society or conference as per the law of the country.
2.The Society or the Conference are willing to share the details of the abstract in required format for the Journal
3. The conference/society has a blinded peer review process for selection of articles
A Signed Letter from the conference organisers and scintific committee chairman will bee needed to process the submissions.
|Publication Ethics and Malpractice Statement|
The Journal of Conference Proceedings follows the COPE (Committee for Publication Ethics) Guidelines and decisions about duplicate publication, plagiarism and article retraction are taken as per COPE Flowcharts. [Click Here to Download COPE Flowcharts].
|The Editorial Process|
The Editorial board will review the Conference/Society / Organisation policies in relation to all submitted manuscripts
- After Review the Conference / Society / Organisation will be included in our list of Affiliated Societies and all conferences or courses under their banner can be Indexed with JOCP
- Individual Conference/ Workshop abstracts will also be reviewed by the Editorial team and any Manuscripts which seem to lack scientific message or content or is already published as an abstract on JOCP will be rejected at first instance.
- Manuscripts that are not formatted as per journal guidelines will be send for correct formatting before review process
- Editorial team takes a final decision on Publications
|Scope of the Journal|
International Journal of Conference Proceedings will Index Conferences and Workshops of Societies that are accepted as our affiliate as per the above guidelines. IJOCP will also accept abstracts from individual presenters provided c
What are conference proceedings”? Conference proceedings are a collection of technical papers presented at a professional association meeting. These meetings are sometimes referred to as conferences, symposia, workshops, expositions, exhibitions, and the like. The papers go by a variety of names also, like: papers, abstracts, extended abstracts, manuscripts, presentations, etc. Abbreviated papers are referred to as abstracts or conference abstracts. Conference abstracts can be simple (1 page), or extended (2-5 pages). So these publications can be called conference proceedings, symposium publications, workshop presentations, annual meeting papers, or any combination, but we’re sure you get the idea.
Following Formats of Presentations can be accepted:
- Free Papers
- Best Paper Eponymous Lecture
- Invited Lectures
- Plenary Sessions
- Workshop Sessions
- Individual Symposium/Workshop can also be published
For any other information regarding inclusion or if you are unsure if your proceedings can be published here, please write to us at email@example.com
- When reporting experiments on human subjects, indicate whether the procedures followed were in accordance with the ethical standards of the responsible committee on human experimentation (institutional or regional) and with the Helsinki Declaration of 1975, as revised in 2000 (available at http://www.wma.net/e/policy/17-c_e.html).
- Do not use patients’ names, initials or hospital numbers, especially in illustrative material.
- When reporting experiments on animals, indicate whether the institution’s or a national research council’s guide for, or any national law on the care and use of laboratory animals was followed.
- All human and animal studies should be accompanied by a certificate of Ethics clearance, issued by an appropriate Institutional Review Board/Ethics Committee/ Departmental Board of Study or an equivalent authority of competence.
|Protection of Patients’ Rights to Privacy|
- Identifying information should not be published in written descriptions, photographs, sonograms, CT scans, etc., and pedigrees unless the information is essential for scientific purposes and the patient (or parent or guardian) gives written informed consent for publication.
- Informed consent for this purpose requires that the patient be shown the manuscript to be published. When informed consent has been obtained, it should be indicated in the article and copy of the consent should be attached with the covering letter
|Advantage to Authors:|
A lot of Authors have commented that a certain print article is describing exactly the technique that they have presented in various Academic conferences. They however have failed to publish it in journals and thus the technique is now know by the name of the published authors. IJOCP is an Indexed and online journal with all abstracts published here easily searchable online. Thus anyone who is writing on a subject will find the abstract on google search and article can get citations from similar works. Its like safeguarding the Intellectual property in this era of massive and rapid dispersion of information:
|Advantage for the Conference Organisers|
Advantage for the Conference Organisers: This journal will act like an ONLINE ABSTRACT BOOK for the conferences which will be available permanently online. Currently every conference has its own website and once the conference is over the website goes offline and thus no details are available online for any future references. Suppose a surgeon wishes to claim that he had presented at a conference in 2010, however since the conference website is offline and no other online tool is available to back his claim, the only option will be to contact the organisers again. With IJOCP the organisers and authors both have benefit of have the online abstract book which is Indexed and readily citable
|How to Submit to IJOCP|
IJOCP will be accepting Conference abstracts of conference held from Jan 2012. Abstracts of conferences held before that are not accepted. For any query on this point please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
|For Conference Organisers|
If you are interested in published your conference proceedings with us please write a mail to email@example.com. A consent letter will be send to you which will be required to be signed and returned to us. The conference proceedings will be required to be submitted in word file containing all the abstracts with details of authors and their affiliation. Please send abstracts for all free papers, special session, orations, plenary lectures, symposiums, workshops, special sessions, guest lectures and also posters. A conference presentation can also be submitted with the power point presentation and videos if available. Please send details of organising committee, specifically conference chairman/president, conference organising secretary, scientific chairman/committee and final brochure of the conference program. If soft copy of the abstract book is available, please send it to us along with the abstracts. Any information on awards or medals won in the conference can also be intimated and we can actually put it up on the website as Best paper award winner or gold medal winner.
|For Individual Author|
For individual surgeons who wish to publsh their abstracts in IJOCP, the first step will be to check if their conference is already listed on IJOCP [or in the coming soon list]. If it is not listed, you can request your conference organisers to please contact us for listing of the conference. If the organisers are reluctant to do that, individual surgeons can also publish their abstracts directly with IJOCP. For this following things are needed, word file of the abstracts with author and co-author details [names and affiliation with email id of corresponding author], certificate of presentation from the conference and if possible ppt or pdf of the presentation [not compulsory] Please send these details directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
|Important Note: Publication in this Journal will not prevent you from publishing the entire work in paper format to any other Journal. Thus you can always publish your full article in any other journal and may also quote the presentation.|
Please submit you presentation with a copy of conference certificate and authors approval to email@example.com
Why Publish with IJOCP
1. This will be a permanent site where conference abstracts and details of conference (organizers, society and complete program) can be found years after the conference website is closed.
2. Abstracts published here will be indexed in online indexes and will make it easy to find authors published proceedings
3. Although the abstracts are published, it does not prevent authors from publishing the whole article in another journal
4. Powerpoint, videos etc can also be added to the conference proceedings
5. Authors whose abstract are published in IJOCP, will be given a publication certificate [on-demand only]